Friends

Learn HTML now!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Test Drive


There is nothing like that new vehicle smell, getting to drive something with the newest bells and whistles. It's even better when you get to share the experience with 80 kids!

I have driven new buses in the past but never for more than the few minutes it takes to complete a Road-eo course. I had the use of a 2005 IC CE300 for 2 1/2 hours this morning and boy did I enjoy myself! I am only five feet tall so I am used to having to stretch to reach various controls, I came armed with a clothespin so I could "adjust" the shoulder harness so that it didn't choke me. What a joy to have everything within easy reach! I forgot the shoulder strap was there.

The older kids did a double take as I pulled up. They oohed and aahhhed and whined when I told them no we don't get to keep it. The younger kids had a hard time staying seated trying to take everything in.

Between the slope of the hood, the big round cross over mirrors and the incredible single pane windshield I found my visibility greatly increased. There were definately still blind spots and nothing will ever replace driver attention but .........wow.

Head over to School Bus Central for more bus pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment