Friends

Learn HTML now!

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Security Training

The summer program ended yesterday. Over all I thought it went very well. I was impressed by the administrative intern, Mr. A. He will be back to teaching in the fall but I hope he choses to persue an administration position and look forward to working with him in the future.

Our refresher was held today so we would have the rest of the summer off. I'm getting 14!!!! kindergarten students and one of them doesn't speak English. As far as I know none of my students from last year have moved off my route and I have no paperwork yet on any that may have moved in. Right now I have 57 on my list, only eight more and I will be full so I am trying to plan for an overload situation.

The primary focus of our training was security. The speaker was a retired cop that now works as both a homeland security officer and bus driver. We did have some instruction on terrorism but mostly we focused on threats such as pedophiles, nut cases and students. If I hadn't been doing this job a long time I would have left the meeting wondering what on earth I am doing driving a bus for a living. The training was very good and focused on recognizing trouble and heading it off before a situation gets out of control.

It was good to see everyone after six weeks but I am thrilled to have the next three weeks off!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have a few weeks off before school begins. I don't want to go back! I want summer to go on and on! Hasn't the weather been beautiful this week? Just right for a change. Enjoy you holiday!
    I've enjoyed catching up on what you've been doing. Lots of grandkid fun. That's good! :)

    ReplyDelete