Friends

Learn HTML now!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

You're as Young (or as Old) as You Feel

Over the summer I was whining about feeling old one day while waiting for the kids to be dismissed. It was hot, I was tired and everything seemed to ache. Mr A remarked that I didn't look old enough to have grandchildren (I like him!)

We got to talking and it turns out that he is only a few years younger than I am. He is working towards long range career plans, I am focusing on retirement. His children are preschoolers, I have two grandchildren in school. He was talking about getting a sitter so he could go out, I have to be in bed by 10!

My husband and almost all of my friends are older than I am, at the same "stage of life." We have grown children, most of us have grandchildren. We are making plans and looking forward to / worrying about retirement.

So how do I go about feeling like the "young" person I still am rather than the middle-aged old Granny that I feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment