Friends

Learn HTML now!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Stump Removal

I've wanted to have the stump out front removed since we moved in but didn't want to pay for it. I am thrilled that it is being removed for free!


We first saw this pileated woodpecker last year. He sat on the stump for a few minutes and was then gone. He returned a couple of weeks ago and found the stump much more to his liking.

Being stuck on the couch he provides a bit of entertainment for me. Pictures taken through the screen aren't that clear.

I'm not the only one that has been enjoying watching him. My next door neighbor got this picture a couple of days ago. It's hard to judge his size from the pictures but he's huge!

John got this shot of the stump. The big hole wasn't there this morning! Hopefully he'll keep working and entertaining me.

3 comments:

  1. Glad that Mother Nature sent you a star performer... and a hard-working star at that, Apple.

    We saw pileated woodpeckers years ago in the woods around Mammoth Cave in Kentucky - otherwise only seen in photos like yours!

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic diversion for your forced inactivity! That's an amazing bird! That low-to-the-ground hole wouldn't be well situated in our yard with all our feline patrollers ;)
    I hope the woody hangs around to give you many hours of entertainment.
    I've only ever seen one once here, at the base of our big maple, and that was just for a minute or two, years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read in the post above that things have not been going well. I really hope that things improve and soon.
    I love these shots of your stump removal crew...just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete