Friends

Learn HTML now!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Big Weekend

My sister and I went to Buffalo for the weekend for Garden Walk. We have traveled together before but this was the first time that it was just the two of us. We had been planning the trip for months so I felt terrible when I had to call her Thursday and tell her that my family needed me to stay home. She was very understanding and supportive. Things worked out that I could go after all if I knew I could head home if needed. She was agreeable, so the trip was back on.

I was driving because I (thought) I knew where we were going. She listened to me worry for the 2 1/2 hour drive. I promptly got lost as soon as we got off the expressway. She patiently navigated us to a great starting point. My summer job has been physically tough and I was walking slow so she shortened her stride to make it easier on me. We met some great people, both gardeners and other walkers. She got me laughing as the day wore on. We had been invited to a party that we had really been looking forward to but we went to the hotel instead in case we needed to head home rather than be at a party and have to deal with bad news. We had a quiet dinner and let the hot tub work on my sore muscles.

Things worked out at home. Everyone is OK and all's well that ends well. We were able to stay over to Sunday and had a much better day. We shared our love of gardening with lots of laughter. I'm blessed to have a great sister.

Thanks Country Girl!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you missed the party, Apple but glad you were able to see all the gardens.
    My sisters and I haven't gone on a 'girl-escape-trip' since we moved to TX 8 years ago - your post made me jealous.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your sister are indeed very lucky to have each other:-) I've always wished for a sister...although I love my 4 brothers, I just can't do girl stuff with them! lol I'm really glad to hear that your weekend worked out after all...sounds like a fun time on that Garden Walk!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Apple, you make me sound much better than I am but I appreciate it! Who would have ever thought we would get to this point in our lives when at one point the room we shared growing up was divided in half by our dressers? LOL It's funny looking back...poor Mom! Your driving was excellent. I didn't think we were lost very often and it didn't take you long to recognize something and get us back on track. It's hard to get to where you want when you can't turn where you want! I'm glad we were able to go and even more glad things worked out at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray, you got to go! I'm so glad you had a good time in spite of the other issues and getting lost. Those roads look different on the map than they do in real life, huh? Hey, that CountryGirl is the best, isn't she? But then, so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister is a sweetheart Apple, but then, so are you! Remember, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :) So you must have a great mom too!
    I'm glad you had a lovely time away with your sister and that everything worked out OK at home.

    ReplyDelete