Friends

Learn HTML now!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Training Day


We had our summer workshop yesterday. It was great to see everyone but I didn't really have time to catch up with everyone. One woman has a new grandchild so I got to enjoy lots of pictures. My co-worker with cancer had surgery yesterday. The news was not good but we will continue to do all we can for her. We took a group shot of all of us in front of her bus.

The main workshop topic was Teamwork. We've covered this topic so many times that it was hard for them to keep it interesting. My secondary workshop was pre-trip inspections. The head mechanic set a bus with 10 faults for us to find so that was fun. The utility guy that we worked with over the summer had done some touch up painting in the drivers compartment of my bus and it looked really good. He also set up the cones in the mirror station and adjusted all six of them for me. We finished the day with a workshop on how our new radio system works. Very high tech! Now we'll have bus to bus communication when we're on out of town trips which will be a big help. I got my route sheets (two minor changes) and kindergarten list. Only five so far! I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed :) I came home and spent over an hour reading through all of the handouts that weren't covered in the meeting - accident statistics, safe loading procedures, changes in the regs, etc. I wonder how many other drivers have/will read through all of it?

I received several compliments on how I looked which felt really good. Ten pounds really has made a difference in how I look and feel. Hopefully I'll be able to keep losing. I need to get out my old aerobics tapes. My new glasses are in and I'm supposed to pick them up later today.

3 comments:

  1. I never even think about all those things you have to do as part of your everyday routine!
    Congrats on the 10# loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like you had a good day. We don't do anything like this really. Our bus meeting is them sucking up to us telling us how much they appreciate us and blah blah blah. That all ends today though, I really dislike how some of the school people treat us...oh that is beside the point.

    I like training though. I like the doing pre-trips and the teamwork training. We don't have enough of it as we should. Our training always turns into gab sessions. I think that is because we are all friends though with a small company like ours we all hang out a lot even when we aren't driving. There are some of our drivers that do everything together even like grocery shop and things. It is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most people have no idea how challenging a school bus driver's job can be. You have all of what you just wrote about to consider and you have to do it with a bus full of kids.

    I hope you have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete