Friends

Learn HTML now!

Monday, December 22, 2008

1st Snow Day



I've been sleeping in until 7:00 the last few weeks so I set the alarm for 5:00 but it wasn't need as I woke up just a few minutes early. We went from a 2 hour delay to closed. John has spent several hours working on the driveway with the snow still coming down and subzero windchills. The lake effect is widespread and even Mom is getting it down in Syracuse today, so we didn't get down there either. It's supposed to stop here very early tomorrow morning so I guess my return to work will be then. I'm not looking forward to pulling more than a foot of snow off of the hood or backing into my 1st turn around - in the dark, in the woods and undoubtedly narrowed snow. I am looking forward to seeing the kids and I have candy canes for them. I'm still planning to babysit tonight, if I can get there!

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable group you have there, Apple! Sure hope your plans work out and that you have the energy to enjoy the kids.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! I was still short on energy but we had fun anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a break to get a snow day your first day back! I'm glad they closed school though. It was a rough drive that day and one I wish I hadn't tried at all. Our road wasn't plowed and I got stuck right off the bat. That should have been a warning but not for me. lol. I think I made it in under two hours. I kept thinking why are they just delayed and not closed?

    ReplyDelete