Friends

Learn HTML now!

Monday, April 10, 2006

Not the Vacation I Envisioned

On Friday several kids had terrible coughs and upset stomachs. Others looked ill. One girl told me that her Mom thought she had strep throat yet there she was on the bus. I realize that finding a sitter for a sick kid is not easy but spending my vacation sick is not what I had in mind. I was tired Saturday and by Sunday I had a sore throat and felt lousy. Today I’m stuffy and miserable.

Today I should have been helping S with all the little things she needs to have done before the movers come on Wednesday. I didn’t dare go near her or MA and risk making either one of them sick. S goes to the doctor tomorrow and hopefully she’s still on track to deliver May 2nd.

Instead F and I puttered around. He spent the morning playing computer games and I got the garden club newsletter ready to mail out. In the afternoon we cleaned out the area where a new willow is growing out of the old stump. He had to do all of the digging and raking and I just pulled out the weeds because I had no energy. I got most of the pinecones and twigs picked up out back. I decided to leave the ones out front for the boys, I just have to figure out how to make them think that picking up buckets full of pinecones is fun.





F edged the area behind the garage for me and I got a little weeding done. It was a beautiful day and I spent over three hours in the sun but I have very little to show for it. Hopefully I’ll have more energy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment