Friends

Learn HTML now!

Saturday, May 20, 2006

CNYAPT Roadeo

The roadeo was this morning and I had a great time despite the miserable weather! I saw people I hadn't seen since last year and made some new friends. The tennis balls were flying and everyone was smiling. No tears this year! And I won a gift certificate to Home Depot so now I can buy a trellis!

Congratulations to all of the winners!!! If I'd had my act together I would have written down their names. I think that in the Transit class there were winners from Sandy Creek, Liverpool and Sandy Creek. In the Conventional class it was ? Homer, Central Square and Southern Cayuga (sorry if I got any wrong or out of order, if you have names or corrections leave a comment and I will correct)


Pre-trip


Start of course


Homer has the neatest stuff! All the lights actually work and it zips right along. I think they said that it started life as a golf cart.

So how did I do? Terrible!!!! :)
I did well on the pre-trip and I didn’t hit any barrels but that was all that I did right. I won’t get my official score for a few days but here is how I think I did.

Pre-trip - 10
Loading – 8 close but not close enough
Serpentine - 10
Offset - 8 one ball, just touched it
Right turn - 0 hit the curb, I never do that!
Alley dock 2 way too far away
Straight line - 0 balls were flying and I even smooshed one
Dim. & stop - 8 I'm guessing 5"
Railroad - 8 forgot to open window
Unload - 10
Written test 7.5 I studied, really!!!

Total 71.5

Not even close to what that I scored last year but better then I did at state. It will be interesting to see how close I am to guessing my real score. Hopefully I didn’t screw up anything else!

I don't know why I felt so stressed before hand. I'm glad it's over but I'm also glad that I went. I'm not upset by my score although I do wish I had done better. I learned a couple of new things. They were talking about bus safety camp in June and since our buddy from Westhill is going I'm going to look into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment