Friends

Learn HTML now!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not as Old as I Seem

I found the link to this over at Pea's Corner. I thought it would be fun to add my own comments. Bet you guessed I was a bit older. Those six grandchildren of mine do seem to age me!

In 1959 (the year you were born)

Dwight Eisenhower is president of the US
I Like Ike!

Fidel Castro takes power in Cuba
Hard to believe he's still in power (sort of)

Alaska is admitted as the 49th state
I've always wanted to visit. Seems it should be a part of Canada though. Maybe that's my Canadian roots talking.

Lee Petty wins the first Daytona 500 stock car race I'm not much of a race fan

Tibet's Dalai Lama escapes to India
I'll have to look this up! Where did he escape from?

Hawaii admitted as the 50th state
My favorite vacation destination

Soviet premiere Krushchev begins unprecedented visit to US
Was this all over the TV? I don't remember.

The Barbie doll debuts
Oh well, I was always a tom-boy

John McEnroe, Kyle MacLachlan, Tom Arnold, Perry Farrell, Kevin Spacey, and Weird Al Yankovic are born Me and Weird Al have something in common?

A plane crash kills Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and The Big Bopper - becomes known as "The Day The Music Died" I loved the movie about this but I can't recall the name of it

Los Angeles Dodgers win the World Series
I'm sure someone cared
Baltimore Colts win the NFL championship
See above
Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup
But who were they playing?
Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein is published I haven't read this one but I do have a couple others of his to take on vacation

The Twilight Zone debuts on TV
Now I know why I'm such a Sci-Fi fan

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you tried this...fun isn't it! lol I agree with you, Alaska should have been part of Canada:-) Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I'm anti-American, and I've never been to Alaska, but it does seem odd that we have a state all the way up there attached to Canada. Alaskans have more in common with the way Canadians live anyway.

    This is an interesting post. I don't think I'm quite old enough to use this myself--Most people probably remember what all happened in 1981--But I ejoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete