Friends

Learn HTML now!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Eagles? Here? Who Knew!

I knew there were eagles in/near the Montezuma Wildlife Refuge but I had no idea there were any a few miles down the road. According to the article the worst thing for the eagles is for people to seek them out and get too close. I guess that's why they told us just where to look for them!


The Palladium Times Online Edition

EAGLES FLY IN THE FACE OF WAL-MART PLAN
By ADELE DELSAVIO, Staff Writer

The proposed Wal-Mart supercenter in Granby has fallen prey to a couple of bald eagles. The eagles are nesting about 1,500 feet from the 36 acres set aside for the 186,296-square-foot mega-merchant.

The state Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) has called a halt to the project pending the development of a plan to protect the eagles.

Click on the link above for the rest of the article.

I was looking forward to having a a supercenter closer to where we live but there are several near enough. It will be interesting to see if the plan gets scrapped or moves ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm sure the developpers never thought this would happen! lol It certainly will be interesting to see what will happen now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love eagles....there are lots and lots of eagles around me...just down the road at the fish hatchery and surroundings area they love to hand out for all the food....I often post pictures of eagles I have seen....

    I hope things work out down there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could see them! How cool to have eagles close by.
    Hope you snow blower is fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete