Friends

Learn HTML now!

Monday, March 05, 2007

Iditarod!

I missed the start of the Iditarod! The race started yesterday so I'm not too far behind. The link has lots of great info on the race. 1049 miles across Alaska and this year the trails are hard and fast. Will this be the fastest race ever?




My cousin's husband, Robert Bundtzen, is wearing #64 and is currently 30th. He's been racing since the mid 90's. I've never met him (or my cousin!) but I watch his progress in the race with interest every year.

I thoughtBryan Bearss was racing the puppy team this year but his website is down and he's not listed in the standings. The link makes it seem that he is racing so I'm very confused!

Another musher that I'll be watching is Zach Steer. He is wearing #7 is currently 2nd.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize this was going on right now! I would love to be able to see a dogsled race one day!! The very best of luck to your cousin's hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dogs are awesome, and the mushers are very dedicated to them! We will root for your cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are bummed about missing the bigging of the Iditarod, but it should be easy enough to get caught up to speed, no?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that to know someone, or be related to someone in that race.

    I'm just noticing your temperature, still quite cold there, huh. And yes, it does get cold in Florida. I hope you had good days. I always feel really bad for anyone who comes and has miserable weather while they're here.

    ReplyDelete