Friends

Learn HTML now!

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring Ahead

Our clocks may think it's spring but we've still got a long way to go. We have been having a heat wave here - temperatures yesterday were in the 40's! So I guess spring will eventually reach us too. I'd been debating for awhile whether or not I wanted to start another blog just for my gardening adventures and yesterday I decided.

I'm sure there will continue to be crossover posts here, but I will try to put most of my gardening thoughts over there. I wouldn't expect much over there for awhile as we have a wee bit of snow to get rid of first. The pictures were all taken yesterday.


John raking yet again.
The cross poles of the teepee were just shy of 5' tall.
View from driveway
Windows still partially blocked.
The propane tank has disappeared again.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I feel very small right now. I've been complaining that we still have patches of snow here and there with the temps in the 50s. But I had no right to complain. Yikes! You've got enough snow to last you till Memorial Day!

    There must be something in the air though. I've decided to start a new blog too. I've been thinking about it for a while and I finally did it. Like you, there won't be much for a while yet... mostly because I just don't have time (till I get my tax return done). My blog will be about web design... not much advice, it will mostly be observational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been having Summer rains... and last night I thought we were having a small tornado, the winds and the rain were so much and then the heat today. And to me it is so nice to see the snow here. I have 3 blogs, 2 food blogs and one for photos, but I think I can't handle more, plus work and 3 kids, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have lots of snow left but still not as much as you...hopefully, for both our sanity, it will all be melted soon! lol It went up to about 32F here..woohoo a heat wave! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuk!
    Next year, I wouldn't use white mulch, Apple!!
    tee-hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh Apple, you sure have some deep snow. Looks like you've got us beat! We stuck a yard stick in the front yard and it's at 15" today, down 2" from yesterday. We didn't think to put it there before the snow began to melt a few days ago.
    Yep, the "heatwave" felt good today! We had about 42ºF I think.
    I hope you get to post on your new garden blog soon (but I won't hold my breath!)
    Sorry you had such a rotten time with the insurance company.
    Life wasn't meant to be easy (apparently). This is a famous quote from one of Australia's past Prime Ministers. Politicians have such profound thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could have sworn I left a comment here yesterday...but ya never know with me...lol!
    I think a garden blog is a great idea if you do a lot of it...I'll be seeking you out for some advise I'm sure!!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Lovely snow and beautiful flowers!

    We don't spring forward for a couple more weeks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Apple...look at that snow. I'd love to send you a few our neighborhood daffodils! Hopefully, spring will come your way soon!

    ReplyDelete