Friends

Learn HTML now!

Monday, June 11, 2007

Counting Down

In most of the country school is out for the summer but we go until the 22nd. The last regular day for the high school was Friday, now they are on a test schedule. The kids have been a bit off the wall. One young man crossed the line and I had to write him up. Apparently this was the straw that broke the camels back so it's my fault that his mother has to come in to school.

However from the best job there is file, I got paid to go to the beach - for the second time in two weeks! This time it was the end of the year trip to Selkirk Shores State Park on Lake Ontario. Friday was HOT except on the lake shore where we had a nice breeze all day. We walked one of the paths, played a dice game and watched the kids. My bus wasn't liking the heat after the long drive and quit on my 1st route but the guys were quick to bring me another one and I'm getting a much newer one next year. I was expecting to have this bus for 3-4 years so I was very pleasantly surprised to find out I was getting something so much newer.

Summer work still hasn't been assigned. Someone in one of the schools hasn't turned in their paperwork yet so we still don't know how many buses we'll have to run. So many drivers with more seniority than me have signed up to work I don't think I'll get a route or even a cleaning job but it would be nice to know for sure.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are the brunt of a bad case of parental discipline gone awry. Sign of the times, apparently. Remember those old days when a kid wouldn't dare "cross the line" with a teacher or person of authority? I don't, I was raised in the 70's and 80's, haha! :( All my teacher friends say it is much worse today.

    Glad to hear you are getting out and seeing some local sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip to the lake sounds great. School is out here on Wednesday.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a terrible year with write ups and parental attacks. I had parents complain to the school board, everything because I wrote up kids.

    Your trip sounds wonderful. I could handle taking a trip to the beach.

    You will love your new bus. I have 2004 Eagle which is so nice.

    Sorry that you are still driving. I hope you have a great summer...when it gets here. Mine started last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:49 PM

    Well, it's the kid's own fault. If he hadn't crossed the line... :)

    I've been to Lake Ontario! (It's a long way from the UK!). I visited it on the Canadian side though. We stopped in Niagara-on-the-Lake one day and it was so beautiful. I'd love to go again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe dunking the boss at the funraiser was a good thing! Maybe he is so scared of you that you are getting a new bus...nah, you are too nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son was suspended from the bus in both kindergarten and first grade. Talk about embarrassing! He was not undisciplined, just very naughty. He had to ride back and forth to school with the principal as I had a houseful of kids, some of which I babysat

    I'd never heard of Selkirk Shores State Park. We've been out to Fairhaven and Chimney Bluffs but never Selkirk.

    ReplyDelete