A few days ago The Tour Marm tagged me to tell you a few random things about myself, so here we go.
1. Let others know who tagged you. 2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves. 3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts. 4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
The above rules need to be posted.
- In the 30 years since I left my mother's home I've moved 10 times. We also owned a camp when the kids were young. The longest I've stayed in one home was seven years. The shortest was five months. I love decorating and making a place my own but I hate moving.
- When I started bus driving I saw it as a form of community service. We were living in a very small town where they had a hard time recruiting drivers due to the short hours you got to start. My neighbor retired only to be called frequently to sub so she recruited me as her replacement. I never dreamed it would turn into a career that I'd love.
- I love to dress up and rarely get the chance to. I worked briefly at a travel agency and the best thing about the job was being able to wear nice clothes everyday.
- I was still in my 30's when Mike was born. When I'm out with one or more of the grandkids people often assume I'm their mother.
- My favorite color is magenta.
- I love to read. I couldn't pick a favorite author as there are just too many. I've just reread the six Harry Potter books in anticipation of the seventh. Mystery, Sci-fi, Historical, Horror - it doesn't matter as long as the writing is good.
- I have to have a place for everything and everything in it's place. So yesterday John and I cleaned out the garage and the shed so that order has been somewhat restored. I've started working on the office and kids' room. After having two large houses with lots of storage I'm finding this house a challenge.
- I've lived in New York almost all of my life. I never saw Niagara Falls until I was 17 but have returned many times. I didn't get to New York City until I was in my 30's and have only been there twice. I love to travel and see new places but my favorite trips all have been to tropical ocean locales.
Rather than tag anyone specifically I'll just leave this one open to anyone that would like to try it.