Friends

Learn HTML now!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

White Christmas?

It was beautiful last Friday morning, when I went to Oswego.
Things change quickly here.


This was the radar picture early this afternoon. More widespread than what we'll get later in the season. Syracuse and several other districts that usually get spared ended up closing today.

We didn't close. Instead we delayed an hour. As usual the decision to delay didn't come until I was almost to work so I had an extra hour of sitting around. The going was slow but not too bad. Of course there were the drivers that forgot to slow down and there were lots of accidents yesterday and today. Both days there were accidents that closed the highway that diverted traffic into town. At least the wind has finally died down.

We've got enough now that I doubt it will all melt by Christmas but we could have a good thaw. I can dream anyway, can't I? Another 2-4" expected tonight.




5 comments:

  1. Looks like a winter wonderland! I've been reading about the storms up in your area.
    Stay safe and warm.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We closed yesterday to my amazement - usually we are one of the last districts to close. The main highways are clear today but the back roads are still really bad. :)

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was leaving a comment on this post, but it turned out to be the Dec. 3rd post :)
    I read your answer to my comment about Maxine & Ginger (who is now Hanna) just by chance when I checked to see if anyone else had something interesting to add to the picture size discussion.
    I checked and no, I didn't get your comment (but thanks for visiting..glad you had a good laugh :)
    Last week I had a clitch with my browser crashing (IE) so following advise from a friend I downloaded the new IE7, but unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I then read an article on the Microsoft site that told me to empty the cache. I did and what do you know, it worked! Of course my computer doesn't 'remember' anything now because all the cookies were deleted, but it was a small price to pay. Hope you get your glitch fixed. Mine was such a pain!
    Stay warm (fat chance of that).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets keep the snow for Christmas. Then you can wish it away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apple, when I had kids who rode to school on buses the intrepid drivers amazed me - you have a challenging job!

    But the snow sure looks beautiful.

    Annie at the Transplantable Rose

    ReplyDelete