Friends

Learn HTML now!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

1st Snow Day

We used our first snow day yesterday, only it was for ice, rather than snow. I'd much rather have snow to deal with. We did get a few inches of snow before the rain with helped with traction. I left the house about 9:00 to go to the dentist. I got 2 miles before I decided to turn around. The roads haven't been plowed yet. Mom had already rescheduled her doctor appointment. I don't think she's meant to see this doctor. I think this is the third appointment she has had to reschedule.

We got another brief dose of freezing rain today. The sun is supposed to come out tomorrow which should really help. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning but he wouldn't have if he'd been here. There seems to be some disagreement between the groundhogs so I'm throwing my lot in with the Ontario prognosticating rodents.

This is the white pine in the front yard


The ice is inching down the roof. Snow you can rake, ice you can't so we just have to wait. It will come down in large sheets. If John hadn't gotten the snow off from the last storm we'd have to be very concerned about the weight and the potential damage as it slid off.

Alex had another wrestling tournament today. It was 2 1/2 hours between his first two matches! He held his own in the first match but after waiting all that time he had lost interest and was pinned quickly in the second. The roads were in pretty good shape but I'm happy that I don't have to go out again today.

1 comment:

  1. I was very happy to stay off the roads yesterday! I'm with you...I'd much rather have snow than ice.
    PP didn't see his shadow here either. I had no idea there was more than one prognosticating groundhog!
    I just wish I had the movie to watch tonight. I could use some laughs :)

    ReplyDelete