Country Girl sent me this via email yesterday at about the same time that Lori posted it at Smoky Mountain Family Historian. No specific tags with one, feel free to play along.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I love to use gift bags because they can be used over and over. The kids like to have a gift to unwrap so I use paper for theirs when I can.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. John is allergic to real ones. In this house I'd never be able to fit a real one!
3. When do you put up the tree? Black Friday. John brought it in so technically it was up right on time this year but I didn't start decorating until yesterday.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually New Year's Day but some years it's up a little longer. I try to have it down before John's birthday on the 6th.
5. Do you like eggnog? I can take it or leave it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A Polaroid Camera but I honestly can't remember if it was a birthday or Christmas gift.
7. Hardest person to buy for? JOHN!!!! There never seems to be anything he wants or needs at Christmas time and then he has a birthday a couple of weeks later. Suggestions welcome.
8. Easiest person to buy for? One of the grandkids but it changes every year. Sprout and Twig are still young enough that they are easy.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a gift from Mom when I was just starting out on my own.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither. I know I'm terrible but I haven't sent any cards the last few years. Initially I stopped to save money but I really don't have an excuse this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't recall a bad one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life. Every time a bell rings, an angel get it's wings.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December 26th.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Gee, I answer honestly, lie or probably safest, just skip this one!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cheesecake, preferably with pineapple topping.
16. Lights on the tree? John is my "blue light special" so the lights on the tree are all blue. If you want the story you can find it here.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Elmo and Patsy.
18. Travel or stay home for Christmas? When we've lived away from family we've traveled. These days we generally have a quiet day at home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yup! Can you?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? When I had a big tree I had an angel. On one tree I had a huge bow. I guess my topper these days might be considered a star. It's a tall pointy thing. lol
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both! We get together with other family members on Christmas Eve and then open presents from each other Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? SNOW! I'm dreaming of a green Christmas with palm trees.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? All of the ornaments on my tree have a special meaning or story behind them. It's an eclectic mix.
24. Favorite Christmas memory? The year we were short on presents so we stayed up after the kids went to bed and blew up several bags of balloons so that they filled the living room around the tree. The kids were so excited when they got up and saw them.
25. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Turkey and all the trimmings.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? An external hard drive.
27. Who is most likely to respond to this? Other bloggers looking for a quick and easy post.