Friends

Learn HTML now!

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

A One-Sided Conversation

"You won't feel a thing, so lets get started."

"Hmmm"

tap, tap, poke

"This is interesting....."

Poke, scrape, tap

"Hmmm, I've never seen this before"

"You doing OK, Apple? Good!"

pinch

"It's blue! I've never seen it turn blue before Patty, have you?"

scrape, scrape, poke

Now I'm sure there is a second root, let me try drilling a bit more."

buzzzzzzzzz

"Found it!!! We'll get it cleaned out and you'll be all set."

scrape, twist, scrape, scrape, squirt

"As long as we have to let the medicine sit for a few minutes we'll go ahead and fix the one on the other side. How you doing OK? Now don't close!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was in the chair for two full hours and he was right, I never felt a thing! I had the initial root canal back in mid December and he couldn't find the second root. He put something in there to soften it up and I gather that was what turned blue. I had to cancel my last appointment due to snow. Meanwhile I broke a tooth. I like my dentist and he is very good but I hope not to see him again until my next cleaning.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when they ask you a question? "uh huh, aah, oaoh uuh"....and they know exactly what you said :)
    In November I lost a big filling, had it replaced, and then lost it again 10 days later, and had to do it all over again. Fun!
    Two hours is a long time to hold your mouth open! Good luck staying away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a root canal but here they can be very painful. Congrats on having a good dentist that gives you enough drugs so you can't feel a thing!

    ReplyDelete