This is how it looked when we bought the place in 2004.
I had put the job off far too long You can see the new windows we put in last fall :)
I had planned to paint over the wallpaper but there were too many problems to fix.
Once the paper was down other problems were revealed and had to be fixed.
A coat of primer and base coat of paint and it looked lots better.
This painting technique hides all kinds of problems.
I got the valances made today.
I still need to paint the doors but that will have to wait a couple of weeks.
Mostly I'm pleased with the way it came out. I forgot that I should have cut in the edges before painting the walls and I'm unhappy with the way I cut it in afterward. I stills looks way better than it did before.