Friends

Learn HTML now!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy 1st Birthday


Yesterday was MA's first birthday party. As babies often do she changed her nap time earlier in the week so she slept through the beginning of her party. When she got up she wasn't too sure just why all these people were in her house but it didn't take long for her to jump in and start playing with the other kids.

She didn't get the concept of presents so of course her cousins were only too happy to help her out. Lots of cool new toys and clothes. The present that DA got to help her open was from us and he was unimpressed. All that seemed to be in the bag were clothes and he yanked them out of the bag and threw them over his shoulders not caring who they hit or where they landed.

MA waited until all of her grandparents had left to decide she was ready to walk. S says that she saw all the other kids running around and just decided to join in. I guess we should have stayed a little later. S says she is back to crawling today but I doubt thet will last long.


S had ordered an ice cream cake and I volunteered to make a regular cake. Now I make cakes all the time, cake is easy. So why is it that when I make a cake to take some place it never looks good? I ended up making two because the first one was just too awful looking for words. No matter what I did I couldn't get the frosting to stick to the cake. The second one looked much better but I didn't get a picture to prove it and both tasted great.

No comments:

Post a Comment