Friends

Learn HTML now!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer Vacation

I had a week and a half off after the regular school year ended. I slept in a little and puttered around in the garden but I really didn’t do much. My ear infection cleared up but the ear is still plugged. My NP says it may take a month to clear.

This is the first summer that I have worked in 20 years and I really wasn’t looking forward to it.

I went back to work last Thursday and it’s been fun. I only have 12-16 elementary kids, during the regular school year I have three times as many. I drove some of their older siblings, cousins and neighbors last year so they had heard I was mean and expected the worst. A driver who plays radio Disney, hands out stickers, sings and dances certainly seems to have been a pleasant surprise for them. The route is long but always interesting. I’m driving my new to me bus and quite pleased with it.

I do miss having the freedom to make last minute plans but overall I think it will be a good summer. I will be off the 2nd half of August. With my schedule I can work in the yard and maybe get some painting inside done. The kids want us to take them camping. I’m not sure I’m ready to take four of them at once! But we’ll work something out, maybe all four of them in the backyard and then two at a time to Yogi Bear. There are a couple of family parties planned and maybe we’ll get away for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment