Friends

Learn HTML now!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

End of Summer

The State Fair opens today signaling the end of summer. The days here have turned cool, highs in the low 70's and lows in the upper 40's to low 50's. A few of the trees are already starting to turn. I know we will still have a few warm days but it makes me sad. We will have to start closing the storm windows at night and that means it won't be long before we have to cover them with plastic. We need to start shopping around for kerosene; do we lock in a price now or hope prices will drop?

We've booked a last minute deal out of Toronto for a week at the beach. We'll be staying at a resort we haven't been to before. I love all inclusives, all the planters punch I want. We'll be getting up very early, 5:15; the same time I will be getting up for work in just over a week.

My datura finally bloomed! It took 5 1/2 months from seed, blooms at night, but it certainly is pretty! I feel like a little kid - I grew that!

ETA: I went out this morning and found 7 monarch caterpillars! I didn't see any yesterday and I was looking. I wonder where they were hiding? The datura floweres are still open. And the littlest sunflower may open before we leave.

1 comment:

  1. Apple-have a fun and safe week! I love the caterpillars!
    Don't worry about the punch, it has a way of keeping it's eye on you!

    ReplyDelete