Friends

Learn HTML now!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Genealogy links

There has been no break in the rain so I've been working on my genealogy.

Right now you can search the 1851 Canadian Census for free. I'm not sure how long that offer is good for. I found the Craig's and White's, and some new information. No luck finding any of the Hollington's or Kelly's yet.

I've also spent some time at GoogleBooks. This is a great site to find tons of stuff. I found a history of the Carlisle Department stores in Astabula, OH; another account of one of Capt Daniel Carlisle's exploits in Keene, NH; histories of almost every Michigan county; and so much more. Even if you are not looking for family history there has to be something there to interest you. I also found knitting patterns, stories by Mark Twain and over 8,000 hits for school bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment