- Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning.
- Removed the old toaster oven.
- Ceiling needed three coats to cover the yellow strip.
- Ceiling register spray painted.
- A zillion holes filled and sanded.
- Deglosser applied. (The fumes made me so ill that only one half got done. Didn't seem to do anything and the side without came out fine.)
- Ceiling light fixture replaced. (A job that should have taken a few minutes took over an hour but we won the battle!)
- Cupboard doors removed. (There are 24 doors and 8 drawers. Since I could only lay out 12 doors at a time I only worked on one side at a time.)
- Primer, followed by 2-3 coats each of three different colors of paint. (I spent a lot of time watching paint dry before I could start on the next color.)
- Door handles spray painted. They were so old that several broke so we ended up ordering new ones.
- Blind replaced.
- New valance made.
1984 Twin, Homes of Merit