Friends

Learn HTML now!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Painting and Hammering

Yesterday I was in the front room painting the kitchen cupboard doors.


What? Doesn't everyone have a bed frame to paint on in their front room? I figure guests might as well see what they're in for the minute they walk through the door!
(Actually, when we tore the guest room apart we had to put the bed someplace. The boards are from the built in bookcase that was torn out. I thought it was sheer genius on my part to lay them out so that I could paint 12 doors at a time.)

Anyhoo, I'm sitting there painting and I hear hammering just outside the window. I looked out and there was a woodpecker just going to town on the palm tree. He's been a fairly regular visitor but very camera shy. I ran for the camera anyway and he actually stuck around!



Yeah - my life hasn't been too exciting of late but I'm not complaining! The weather has been perfect and I'm quite content to stay here and work until it gets warm in Snowville.

What's that? You want to see how the kitchen is coming? Here's a peek. I'll put up before and after pics when it's done. I'm waiting on new hardware and the trim is taking me forever. (You'll just have to pretend that I was able to crop the floor out. That's a project I'm saving for the fall.)








1984 Twin, Homes of Merit

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, and sound like fun. It's still plenty cold up north, don't be in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete